- Titanium Dioxide, known in Food as the Colourant E-171, is used in the Food Processing Industry, for more than five Decades, to make food to look Brighter and more Appealing.
- It is used in food in its most Purified Form, with Purity more than 99% & it complies with current European Legislation, which means, it does not contain substances that are considered dangerous to consumers.
- It is used, not only to make food look Great but also, in consumer Packagings, which protect food from degradation, increasing the Shelf Life of the packed Food.
- It is not readily absorbed by the body & its use in food has not been shown to have negative Health Impacts.
- It is the most effective white Colorant in food, five times more efficient than alternatives, such as, Silica or Calcium Carbonate.
- It is the most safe Colourant as it does not enter the bloodstream and passes through the digestive system, unchanged and unabsorbed.
- In June 2018, the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) confirmed their opinion that data on Titanium Dioxide, E-171 in food, showed no health concerns for consumers.
- It is used in a Range of Foods, from Sweets to processed Cheese.
- It gives Brightness and more vibrant in colour, to look the Foods as most Fresher.
- It adds Texture & also used as an Anti-Caking Agent.
- It gives Natural whiteness and opacity to foods.
Examples : Cakes, White Chocolates, Cake Glaze, Edible Icing Sheets, Chewing Gum, Mints, Mayonnaise, Coffee Creamers, Donuts Ditches, Salad Dressings, Cheese, Pastries, Candies, Confectioneries, Bakery Products etc.